zaterdag 8 augustus 2009

Introduction Stanford Sleepiness Scale

While I was browsing the google group of Polyphasic sleep (http://groups.google.com/group/Polyphasic), I came upon a good tool that makes me able to monitor myself better, making me able to predict my awakeness/sleepiness rhythm better. There's a so called Stanford Sleepiness Scale, and like the name says it allows you to determine on a scale how sleepy you are.

Degree of Sleepiness - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Scale Rating
Feeling active, vital, alert, or wide awake - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Functioning at high levels, but not at peak; able to read a book and have a conversation - - - 2
Awake, but relaxed; responsive but not fully alert - - - - - - - - - - 3
Somewhat foggy, let down - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 4
Foggy; losing interest in remaining awake; slowed down - - - - - - - 5
Sleepy, woozy, fighting sleep; prefer to lie down - - - - - - - - - - 6
No longer fighting sleep, sleep onset soon; having dream-like thoughts 7

Up until now, for the first 52 hours, I've been mostly in zone 3 and 4, with the occasional 2 and 5, and the rare 6 that on friday and today happened between 7.30 and 9am.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten